Conditions We Treat
Heart disease or conditions that affect the heart and circulatory system can happen to anyone and at any time. Unfortunately, cardiology problems are more common than one may think. In fact, heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the U.S. This is why getting timely, comprehensive cardiology care is so important.
Dr. Maria Markarian at UpCountry Cardiology caters to the residents of Maui, providing them with the diagnosis and treatment of both simple and complex cardiac issues. They and the compassionate medical team at UpCountry Cardiology are proud to offer comprehensive cardiology care with a kind heart and helping hand.
Common Heart Conditions
Conditions that Dr. Markarian at UpCountry Cardiology can treat include:
- Acute coronary syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic aneurysm
- Aortic ectasia
- Aortic valve disease
- Arrhythmias (including atrial fibrillation)
- Carotid artery disease (CAD)
- Chronic pulmonary heart diseases (including pulmonary hypertension)
- Congenital heart disease (CHD)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Heart attack (acute myocardial infarction)
- Heart disease in women
- Hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Hypertensive chronic kidney disease
- Hypertensive heart and chronic kidney disease
- Hypertensive heart disease
- Mitral valve disease
- Pericardial disease
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary valve disease
- Secondary hypertension
- Septal defect
- Syncope (fainting)
- Tricuspid valve disease
- Valvular heart disease
- Women’s cardiovascular issues
We understand that this list, although thorough, does not cover each and every heart condition or list the condition that you may be experiencing. If you have a medical condition affecting your heart, or if you have symptoms that you believe are a contributing factor to a heart or vascular problem, we encourage you to come in and see the doctors at UpCountry Cardiology as soon as possible. Seeking treatment immediately can make all the difference in your health and wellness.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Heart Conditions
Not sure whether you’re experiencing a heart or vascular problem? Some signs and symptoms you may experience if you have a problem with your heart or vascular system include:
- Shortness of breath, fatigue
- Chest pain, pressure, or discomfort
- Pain that radiates to the neck, jaw, arms, or back
- Numbness or weakness in your arms or legs
- Swollen lower legs or feet
- Irregular heartbeat
- Feeling dizzy or lightheaded
- A persistent cough
Additional Information About Your Heart Condition
If you want to learn more about your potential heart or vascular condition, we encourage you to browse through our patient education library. There, you will find an exhaustive list of heart and vascular conditions with detailed information about symptoms you may be experiencing, and possible treatment options for each condition.
For our Maui patients who may have cardiology concerns, we recommend you visit the American Heart Association website. There, you can find helpful and informative videos available on the multimedia page.
Board-Certified Cardiologist in Maui, HI
As Upcountry Maui residents, we take the comprehensive care of our Maui patients very seriously. To learn more about your heart condition and how our doctors can help treat you, give us a call at (808) 793-5440.